Minot Child Custody Attorney
Helping You Face Child Custody/Residential Responsibility in North Dakota
Separation from a spouse or partner is an emotional and stressful time that can become even more difficult when children are involved. You and your partner should always act in the best interests of the child. It is the court's wish that divorcing parents work out their differences courteously and responsibly, however, this may not be an option, depending on the circumstances.
If you are going through a divorce or separation and child custody/residential responsibility has become an issue, contact our Minot family lawyer immediately. Rowenhorst Law has the experience and dedication to fight for your best interests and the best interests of your family.
Contact our child custody lawyer or residential responsibility attorney in Minot to learn more about how we can help you through a custody dispute.
Our Minot family law attorney understands the goals of the courts and our team will communicate with you to understand your goals as well. If you are going through a divorce and believe that you or your children are not being represented fairly contact Rowenhorst Law at (701) 203-9220 for help.
Types of Child Custody/Residential Responsibility
If some cases, when parents get divorced or seperate they are able to come up with their own terms on how to share parenting roles and responsabilities. However, if they cannot than a judge willl decide for them:
- Joint Custody - If the judge decides to grant joint custody, than the child will spend substantial amount of time with both parents but it doesnt have to be equal. They will alsp both have a say in major decisions for the child such as education or medical decisions.
- Sole Custody - If the judge decides to grant one parent sole custody than he or she will have the child primarirly live with them, however the other parent is entitled to some visitation. In addition, the parent with sole custody will be in charge of making all major decisions for the child.
Contested Custody/Residential Responsibility in North Dakota
Unfortunately, separations involving children often end up being contentious. This can lead to children being caught between parents who are unable to agree on custody arraignments. Our Minot family law attorney has worked with mothers and fathers who, through no fault of their own, are struggling to keep or gain custody or residential responsibility of their child(ren).
If you anticipate that you will be going through a divorce, and are already in the divorce process, or if you believe that the other parent is not abiding by the terms of the divorce agreement, contact us. We will fight to make sure that you can continue to grow your relationship with your child(ren).
Understanding ND Child Custody/Residential Responsibility Laws
Child custody/residential responsibility issues can be contentious and often cause more issues during a separation process.
Under custody law in ND:
- Joint custody is an option if it is within the child's best interests to have a relationship with both parents
- Grandparent’s rights to visitation are recognized when it does not interfere with the relationship with the parent
- The child’s own wishes are also considered when deciding where they should live
We understand the complex nature of child custody negotiation and can help you through this process. Don’t go through this alone. We are here to help you.
Our Minot Child Custody Lawyer and Residential Responsibility Attorney are Here to Help
Rowenhorst Law assists families struggling through separations. We provide compassionate and understanding legal support. Each case is unique and we firmly believe in putting your needs first.
Contact Rowenhorst Law at (701) 203-9220 for a free 30-minute consultation.